Graftoss Limited is a medical device company that is developing a bone implant sourced from bovine bone for use by surgeons and veterinarians. The processed bone has its indigenous organic compounds removed, and is then reinforced with an organic biocompatible matrix, providing mechanical strength and aiding in bone regeneration.
Graftoss’ bone matrix technology has applications as a xenograft material for human and veterinary grafting, including:
- Spinal fusion
- Hand and foot surgery
- Simple and complex fracture repair
- Joint reconstruction
- Dental implants
- Antibiotic impregnated graft material
- Naturally occurring reinforcing compound enhances osteo induction and conduction
- Improved handling characteristics
- Retention of macro and micro porous bone structures
Graftoss is seeking partnerships and collaborations to further refine the proof-of-concept. The technology is now available for license, providing an opportunity for a partner to undertake further development and commercialisation.